Menu Plan Monday+7 goals for 7 days
I think it’ll be a midsize grocery shop this week, cashews and the local honey I buy are on sale, which means I’ll be dropping abut $20 on each, so my grocery bill jumps fast that way. Last week ended up being an unofficial comfort food one bowl meal week. We were all craving them and ended up having things like stew, chowder, and jambalaya. I’ve got all of them photographed and written down so you’ll see them this week!
Without further ado, here is our menu plan for the week!
We usually have oatmeal, toast, the odd bowl of cereal or pancakes.
We have leftovers! Sometimes soup too.
it’s our main meal of the day and this is what we’re having:
I have some kale I need to use so this will we the ticket!
Samosas (I’ll make the yogurt dough on Monday)
Chili (I’ll make extra for the weekend)
Chicken wings, roast potatoes, veggies and dip. This has been bumped weeks in a row now, but maybe we’ll get there this week!
Hamburgers. Mac has been asking for ‘hunkaburgers and fries’ for week now, so we’ll have them, but without things like tomatoes because they aren’t in season right now. I will have organic spinach and pickles for them though.
- Organize storage area. This is an indoor storage area we have that has gotten in disarray. I’d like to get everything restacked and easy to get into!
- Mac’s clothes. I have a bunch of things I’m saving, some for him to get rid of, I want to get them into labeled boxes, I was just given a bunch more and they are uber disorganized.
- Heating questionarre. This is an insurance thing, I needed to get it done months ago, and I just about finished it, and then Mac spilled his water all over and wrecked it. Gotta get a new one now…
- Yoga 3 times. I’ve been doing 20 min podcast yoga classes that are fantastic! They are free (if you like them they ask for a $.25 donation per class) and this is their website: http://www.yogadownload.com/. I plan to set up a paypal account so that I can donate, because they are very helpful for me and I can easily do them during Mac’s naptime, while still getting a couple other things done.
- Finish my Sister’s wedding present. I obviously can’t share what it is, because she’ll read it, but I’ll share it when I’m done!
- Plan blog posts for the next month. I’ll be away for a week, but still want something for you to read!
- Have 3 computer free days. I used to do this all the time but have gotten a little, cough cough, too attached to the computer at times. When I put it away for a day, I don’t miss it, so this will be a priority for me. It also means planning ahead on my blogging so that I don’t miss a post.
Do you have goals for the week? Have you thought about it? I also like to write “10 things for today” lists with things ranging from Do Yoga, Spend 20 min outside (this always stretches to an hour or more, but it just gets me out with Mac, even when it’s crappy out), Clean Kitchen, Dust Fans, Put 1 load laundry through. The great satisfaction in having all 10 things crossed off is so fabulous. It can be simple things too! Like “Have lunch by 1”. As a parent we put ourselves after our kids, but our nutrition and exercise can’t go by the wayside, or our health will too and we won’t be in the position to be a happy, healthy parent like we all want to be!
This bit of organization I do at the beginning of the week is fun to me, and I love having simple things planned out that make the rest of my week go smoother!