The fats in tallow are so close to the make-up of fats below the skin on our body, making Tallow Balm so nourishing and absorbable to our parched skin. In winter our hands get so chapped and dry we can’t live without it. In summer, the dirt from the garden dries out our feet and hands, often making cracks in our feet, ouch! I use Tallow Balm as a baby bum cream, for chapped cheeks, lip balm, cuts, you name it! My aunt gave up steroid cream for eczema after trying this and her hands have never been happier. I hope you enjoy our all purpose balm.
- Small Pot
- Jar or Container
- 6 oz beef tallow, preferably organic/know the source
- 2 oz "light" oil of choice such as sunflower, apricot kernel, avocado or almond oil
- 60 drops essential oils- favourites include tea tree, lavender, frankincense, orange
- Using a scale, measure out your tallow and oil into a small pot
- Over medium-low heat, gently melt until tallow is just about melted, take off the heat.
- If its too hot to hold a finger in, let cool until you can hold a finger in for a few seconds.
- Add essential oils, stir well.
- Pour into jars or containers, let cool.
Want to try more money saving DIY’s?
- Elderberry Syrup
- Hot Chocolate Mix (Mocha’s anyone?!)
- “Oinkment” our homemade antibacterial ointment
- Homemade Yogurt, Two Ways (Instantpot and stovetop)