Oinkment - Homemaded Antiseptic Ointment
This First Aid Antiseptic Ointment is like a homemade essential oil polysporin! What more could you ask for? Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that it's dead easy to make?! We had a little owie here this morning so we thought we'd share the recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax, grated
- 8 drops vitamin E oil, preservative
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 17 drops tea tree essential oil
Warm olive oil in a double boiler or over LOW heat.
Add in the beeswax, stir it around to let it melt.
Then put a tablespoon worth in a small bowl in the freezer. When it is cooled to room temperature, check the consistency. I like it more of an ointment than a salve, and for it to be easily spreadable. If you want it thicker, add more beeswax!
When you have the right consistency, check the temperature of the oil/wax mix. It should be cool enough that you can put your finger in but not so much that it's starting to solidify.
Stir in your vitamin E and essential oils, pour into a jar and label well! (Please do a better job labeling than I did? Mmmkay?)
- Feel free to make a larger batch, 20 drops=1 ml. Making a x3 batch of this works well numbers wise.
- Good for up to 5 years