Sweet Chile Sauce
Learn how to make your own condiments at home with this Sweet Chili Sauce naturally sweetened with honey! I can't wait to have this with chicken...fish...pork...pot stickers...fried spring rolls...ummm, anything else I'm missing?! It's the new ketchup!
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/3 cup honey, or 1/2 cup of other sweetener as honey is sweeter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic, less if you don't like garlic as much as I do!
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes, I used smoked from Mountain Rose Herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch, if using other sweetener use 1 1/2 teaspoons. Alternatively substitute for organic corn starch, but you'll need to use 1 tablespoon, made into a slurry in equal amount water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, if extra heat desired
Bring honey, vinegar and water to a boil.
Add in the garlic, chile flakes, and salt.
Turn down the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Add in arrowroot slurry and simmer until thickened. You may need to up it to a boil to get it to thicken properly if your simmer was a lazy one.
Cool and enjoy!