Grandma Marg's Flexible Waffle Recipe
This waffle recipe is so customizable- I bet you have everything on hand to make it!
Servings: 4 waffles
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk OR 1 cup yogurt 1 cup water/milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour all purpose, white, whole wheat, fresh ground, some buckwheat is good too
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp olive oil OR melted butter, melted coconut oil or melted lard
- Optional- 1 cup dry curd cottage cheese even you're cottage cheese haters may not be able to detect this and it adds a good kick of protein! Don't be scared to try)
- Optional- chocolate chips, fresh or frozen berries (if frozen, don't thaw)
Beat eggs well.
Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate/berries) and beat until smooth.
Cook according to your waffle maker instructions, makes 4-6 waffles depending on size of waffle iron.
If you're adding berries or chocolate chips, scoop batter into waffle maker, add a sprinkle of those, close and cook as normal.
Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 3mg