Date and Rosemary Roast Chicken
I've always loved this recipe for Date and Rosemary Roast Chicken. I'd call this an important company worth dinner! Or in my case? A midweek mind blowingly delicious impress your husband dinner.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Servings: 5 people
- 3-4 pounds whole chicken thawed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped dates I used baking dates that come in a brick you have to chop up
- 2 tablespoons dry rosemary, or 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 small lemons, juice & zest, I prefer organic especially when using zest!
- 3 tablespoons of the glaze
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze.
Stir together the stuffing ingredients.
Put your chicken in a dutch oven or pan you can cover well with tinfoil.
Pour/Stuff the stuffing into the cavity of the chicken.
Rub 1/3 of the glaze over the chicken and cover with oven safe lid or tented tinfoil.
Roast the chicken for about 20 minutes a pound.
Glaze halfway through roasting.
Glaze the chicken again when it reaches 170F, then let it rest for 10 minutes.
Scoop the stuffing out of the cavity, take the chicken out and put it on a carving block.
Whisk together the dates into the juices in the bottom of the pot, then pour into a dish. I use my 1 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup for easy pouring!
Slice the roast chicken, and put the dish of sauce on the table for pouring! Enjoy!