I began making this in 2016, after attending a womans herbal weekend. It was an empowering weekend, looking at healing and supporting yourself in a variety of ways. I’ve probably forgot as much as I learnt, but this elixir, tincture, whatever you may call it, has always stuck with me. I just love how supportive it is and so simple to make with a basic flower that grows in most places.
Rose and Honey Tincture
- Half of a Quart Jar of Wild or Garden Rose Petals pick an unsprayed area
- 1/4-1/3 cup good raw honey local if you can
- 1 1/4- 1 3/4 cups Brandy, enough to cover the roses and honey well Quality doesnt matter so much, pick something mid grade
- Pick rose petals from a clean, preferably unsprayed area and put directly into a quart jar.
- Add Honey into the quart jar.
- Add Brandy, until covering the roses and honey.
- Stir well, add more brandy if you need. The roses will settle down and float a bit, you can always top up more brandy if its not enough after a day or two.
- Label your jar with the contents and the date. You think you’ll remember but good chance you wont. Let sit 6 weeks in a place you wont forget it, but out of direct sunlight.
- When you remember, or approx once a week, give it a little swirl around.
- When its been 6 weeks (Or longer if you forgot about it, also totally fine) strain out the rose petals.
- Find yourself a cute little dropper bottle for dosing.
- To use, take a deep cleansing breath in, put a couple drops on your tongue and then deep breath out. Take a couple more good deep cleansing breaths. Repeat as needed, but less is more.