Marius says I make THE BEST Iced Tea. And since he’s the Man of The House, what he says is Law, and therefore, he’s gotta be right, right? 😉 Think homemade snapple and you’ve got yourself a good idea of what this will be like. Except it’s all real food and we can pronounce every ingredient!
Here it is guys! The recipe for my Iced Tea is very adaptable. Lower or raise the honey. Use a different sweetener. Use different tea. Remember this is a formula! Not an exact recipe. Make it your own!
Because of the honey, lemon and sea salt, this is an excellent electrolyte. Marius brings 1-2 quarts most hot days to keep himself properly hydrated while working outside.
Some favourite combos of ours are Peach+Black Tea, Wild Raspberry Hibiscus+Mint, Blueberry+Green Tea…the combos are endless, browse the tea aisle and have fun with it.
And I’m just saying if you felt so inclined… Some spiced rum would not be bad.
Kate's Iced Tea
- 2 fruity tea bags, celestial seasonings country peach passion is our fave
- 1 black tea bag, or green or mint tea
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey, no honey for babies!!
- 2 fat pinches sea salt
- In a 2 quart canning jar or other heat proof container, place the tea bags.
- Pour in boiling water up to the 1 qt mark.
- Give the tea a little stir and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Stir in the lemon juice, honey, and sea salt.
- Fill the remainder of the jar with ice or refrigerate until it's chilled.
Classic Homemade Beverages
Be sure to check out our other beverage recipes! DIY drinks don’t get much tastier (or easier) than this!
- Classic DIY Bailey’s Coffee Creamer
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- The Best Iced Coffee Ever
- Hot Apple Cider
- 5 Minute Honey Sweetened Lemonade