Kale Chips are one of my favorite healthy snacks! Simply toss them with a little olive oil and seasonings then dehydrate until they reach a crispy perfection your whole gang will gobble up!
I use my Excalibur Dehydrator which dries things very evenly and quickly, if you have another one, you may need to swap around trays, or lay it out a little thinner, or it may need to go a bit longer.
If you’ve never had nutritional yeast before…give it a chance! Its got a different flavour that’s really quite “more-ish” as my Grandma would say. It’s jam packed with B vitamins which makes it a great “food as medicine” to consume! My husband doesn’t love it on popcorn but gobbles it up on these! He also doesn’t enjoy kale salad or sautéed kale, but enjoys kale chips! So just give them a chance…okay?!
- 8 ounces kale about 12 cups, stripped off the stem and ripped into roughly 3" pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- garlic powder, smoked paprika, or other spices you love, optional
- Massage the kale and oil together.
- Add the salt and nutritional yeast. Mix well.
- Lay out on 2-3 trays of an excalibur dehydrator. (No need to lay out evenly or in single layer, just pile em on there!)
- Set the dehydrator to 165F for 6 hours.
- At the end of 6 hours, check that they're nice and crunchy. If not, add another 1-2 hours and come back. Mine are always perfect after 6 hours, but results may vary a bit!
Family Friendly Snacking
Every mama needs an arsenal of healthy, quick & easy snacking ideas! These recipes keep my gang happy between meals!
- Raincoast Crisp Crackers
- Cocoa Almonds
- Tamari Roasted Almonds
- Fruit Dip
- 5 Fast Toddler Approved Snacks