Here is a family favourite for you! Chocolate Toffee Squares are so delicious and you won't regret making them, like, tomorrow.
It's kind of in the realm of your favourite chocolate bar. Without so much crap though. Just all the right tasty crap.
Shortbread bottom. Caramel Toffee Centre. Chocolate Top. Yes, these are so tasty. The recipe makes two 8x8 inch pans, but if you only have one, use your 9x13 inch pan along with a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
I can't tell you enough about them, so I'm going to leave it short instead. Make them, you'll love them, my sisters can attest to that!
Chocolate Toffee Squares
- 2 ½ cups fresh ground soft white wheat or whole wheat pastry flour, white whole wheat or all purpose white flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoonsbutter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup or corn syrup
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut the butter into the sugar and flour.
- Press into two 8"x8" pans, or one 9"x13" casserole/cake pan AND one 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are starting to brown. Take out and place on cooling rack.
- Melt the butter and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring fairly regularly, then turn down and boil for 3 minutes. Stir almost constantly.
- There will be little brown flecks and the whole mixture will get darker.
- Take it off heat and pour it on top of the baked bottom.
- Cool in fridge or freezer until it starts to firm up.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave or double boiler.
- Spread overtop of firmed up middle layer.
- Cool in fridge or cool area. Slice, and serve!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these dessert recipes!