Here it is folks! Our family favourite Sourdough Foccacia Bread recipe! Use it as pizza dough, making two medium-large pizzas or as focaccia bread. You can also cut the baked sourdough focaccia into squares and cut in half to make buns for sandwiches. It’s a simple and versatile sourdough recipe every baker needs in their arsenal!
- 1 cup starter
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, plus additional olive oil for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup flour, any combo of white or whole wheat
- herbs of choice, such as rosemary, thyme, dried onions; optional
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Cover and let sit 6-24 hrs.
- Press into a parchment covered or greased half sheet pan (big cookie sheet). Drizzle a good few tablespoons olive oil on and spread around.
- Make finger indentations in top then sprinkle coarse/kosher salt and dried herb of choice on top.
- Let it rest until oven up to temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Then eat up!!
More Sourdough Recipes
Once you’ve mastered working with sourdough you’ll find you’re wondering what other recipes you can try with it now? Here are my tried & true favorite sourdough recipes!
- Sourdough 101
- Sourdough Boule
- Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- Seedy Whole Wheat Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- Sourdough Honey Oat Bread
- Sourdough Biscuits
- Sourdough Cinnamon Twists