Here it is folks! Our family favourite Sourdough Foccacia Bread recipe! Use it as pizza dough, making two medium-large pizzas or as focaccia bread. You can also cut the baked sourdough focaccia into squares and cut in half to make buns for sandwiches. Sourdough Foccacia is a simple and versatile sourdough recipe every baker needs in their arsenal!
- 1 cup starter
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional olive oil for drizzling
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cup flour any combo of white or whole wheat
- herbs of choice such as rosemary, thyme, dried onions; optional
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Cover and let sit 6-24 hrs.
- Press into a parchment covered or greased half sheet pan (big cookie sheet). Drizzle a good few tablespoons olive oil on and spread around.
- Make finger indentations in top then sprinkle coarse/kosher salt and dried herb of choice on top.
- Let it rest until oven up to temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Then eat up!!
- We love rosemary or thyme. Dried onion is yum too!
More Sourdough Recipes
Once you've mastered working with sourdough you'll find you're wondering what other recipes you can try with it now? Here are my tried & true favorite sourdough recipes!