Theres something about Sausage Lentil Soup I just love. It’s comfort in a bowl. The ingredients are so darn simple, almost as if the finished product is more than a sum of its part. I love when that happens. If you want to stretch your efforts farther, add another cup of lentils and another quart of broth, it’ll be less sausage-y but just as delicious. And more frugal!
Sausage Lentil Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs sausages/sausage meat of your choice, I used Venison Sicilian sausages. Something like Italian,bratwurst, mild chorizo, rosemary, something herby, would work.
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 cup green lentils
- 3 quarts broth
- salt, to taste
- Take the skins of the sausage and saute in a large pot on medium.
- When mostly cooked, add carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for an hour.
- Taste for seasoning, and serve!
Warming Soup Recipes
There’s nothing like a steamy bowl of soup to warm you from the inside out on those chilly winter nights! Here are some of our favorite soup recipes besides Sausage Lentil Soup!
- Ham Bone Pea Soup
- Crockpot Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Sausage Crumbles
- Sunshine Soup
- Moose Soup with Garden Vegetables