Whether you’re making a single mug of hot chocolate, enough to serve a whole crowd, or a refreshing glass of chocolate milk in the summer you’ll want to have a jar of Hot Chocolate Mix on hand for all of your chocolate drinking needs!
I’ve been using this homemade hot chocolate mix for years, but recently discovered its excellent to bring to a crowd too!
Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon good salt
Hot Chocolate Mix
- In a quart jar alternate between sugar and cocoa to make it shake together faster
- Measure 1 cup of sugar into the jar, stir the salt into it. Add 1 cup cocoa, 1 cup sugar, then the last 1/2 cup of cocoa. Put a lid on and shake well.
Hot Chocolate Recipe
- To make a cup (or just a few cups) of HOT chocolate measure out your milk (we use a mug to gauge how much we will need) into a pot.
- For every mug of hot chocolate use 1 tablespoon of mix. Warm it up and serve!
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate for a Crowd
- Pour a gallon of milk into your instant pot, turn it onto sauté to get it warming up.
- Measure in 1 cup of hot chocolate mix. Keep an eye on it and stir the milk so it doesn't burn to the bottom. Keep whisking to mix in the hot chocolate mix as it warms up.
- When its hot enough, turn on to "keep warm", leave the lid off and your guests can help themselves!
- Fill a half gallon jar 2/3 of the way full with milk.
- Add 1/2 cup hot chocolate powder, and blitz with an immersion blender. (Or you could just do a couple cups of milk and the powder in a normal blender, and mix into the rest of the milk) then top up the jar with more milk.
- Give it a shake before you pour as some will settle.
- Classic DIY Bailey’s Coffee Creamer
- 20 Minute Hot Apple Cider
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- The Best Iced Coffee Ever
- Kate’s Iced Tea
- 5 Minute Honey Sweetened Lemonade