Most hot apple cider mix recipes call for long simmering of apple juice and whole spices, but this shortcut in time is no short cut in flavour!
Between you, me and the apple tree, a shot of whiskey in a mug of hot apple cider is an excellent adult upgrade.
Hot Apple Cider
- 1 litre apple juice preferable unfiltered pure apple juice but use whatever you can get
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger ground
- pinch cloves ground
- Heat juice with spices in a pot on medium high, until it starts to steam.
- Turn down low and let sit for 15 minutes for spices to infuse. Serve and Enjoy!
- For a 6qt instant pot use 4 litres juice, 2 teaspoon spice mix.
- For an 8 qt instant pot use 6 litres juice, 1 tablespoon spice mix.
Bulk Batch Apple Cider Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cardamom ground
- 1 tablespoon ginger ground
- ½ teaspoon cloves ground
- Use ½ teaspoon apple cider spice mix per litre of juice.
- Heat juice with spices in a pot on medium high, until it starts to steam, then turn down low and let sit for 15 minutes for spices to infuse. Serve and Enjoy!
Classic Homemade Beverages
Be sure to check out our other beverage recipes! DIY drinks don't get much tastier (or easier) than this!