Instant Pots have a magical keep warm setting that means you can make your mashed potatoes hourssss in advance and they’ll be perfect when you’re ready to serve them. No last minute mashing, struggling for oven space or worse- cold mashed potatoes. I do these for just every day dinners but this recipe especially shines for holiday meals!
Use extra mashed potatoes to make Potato Salmon Cakes!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker
- 5 pounds potatoes, washed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Place the potatoes and water in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the valve to sealing. Select manual setting for 10 minutes.
- When its done, you can do manual release right away, or just forget about it for hours. After the pressure has released, drain the little bit of water, add the butter and let it melt.
- Stir in the milk and seasoning salt of your choice. (Its going to vary a bit in saltiness so make sure to taste them.)
- Mash them well, taste for salt, put the lid back on and let the magical keep warm setting keep it warm for you!
Instant Pot Recipes
Put that pressure cooker to work so you don’t have to! Add these delicious Instant Pot recipes to your menu plan!