Sometimes I share recipes over on Instagram…I figured what the heck, I might as well pop them up here too! I get a lot of requests for these Crispy Oven Fries so here’s the recipe.
Oven fries are a favourite here! We eat them a couple times a week and still, the family gets excited every time! This method works for a variety of vegetables. Try it with potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, beets, carrots, cabbage, or zucchini.
Choose between lard, olive oil, coconut oil or other high heat oil of choice. Remember healthy fats are good for you! Don’t be scared of them! Your brain needs fat to function! You can go up to ? cup of fat/oil for even crispier oven fried here…
Season your oven fries with herbs such as dill, oregano and thyme being favourite herbs. Cumin, coriander and paprika are favourite spices!
Kate's Oven Fries
- 2 ½- 3 pounds potatoes or sweet potatoes variety you have on hand sliced into wedges/French fry-ish shapes, unpeeled
- ¼ cup lard, or oil of choice
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt or other real salt
- 1 tablespoon dry herb or spice of choice dill, oregano and thyme being favourite herbs. Cumin, coriander and paprika are favourite spices!
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a half sheet pan/big cookie sheet with parchment. Don’t skip this. Essential!
- Toss all ingredients together on the pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, stir around, then another 15-20 (vegetables may only need an additional 5-10) depending on how your oven cooks/how you like em!
Tasty Side Dishes
Don’t forget the sides! Try some of these with your next meal!