Many summer garden flowers are full of nutrients & benefits that make a wonderful Homegrown Flower Tea. The combination of calendula, marigold, rose petals and mint come together for one of the most beautiful floral tea mixes!
You can buy your dried ingredients or grow and dry your own! Mountain Rose Herbs is a great resource for buying organic herbal ingredients.
Learn how to easy it is to harvest, dry and make Homegrown Flower Tea on my Youtube channel.
Homegrown Flower Tea
- 1 part dried calendula flowers
- 1 part dried marigold flowers
- 2 parts dried mint
- 1 part dried rose petals optional
- 1 part dried nettles optional
- 1 part dried red clover optional
- 1 part dried chamomile optional
Homegrown Flower Tea Mix
- To mix up the classic "honey tea cow juice" of my husband's childhood, mix together, by weight or by cup measurement into a large bowl the calendula, marigold, and mint.
- To add your own twist, consider adding other flowers such as rose petals, nettles, red clover, and chamomile.
- After its been mixed scoop them into a jar, label and store in the cupboard
Brewing Homegrown Flower Tea
- To make a cup of tea, steep 1 rounded tablespoon of tea mix in a cup of boiling water.
- Add honey and milk if you want the true "honey tea cow juice" experience!
- To make a pot (I have a large 1.5+ quart teapot) I use a good ⅓-1/2 cup of tea mix.
Enjoy some of our other tea recipes!