You don't have to buy expensive packages of puff pastry when making homemade puff pastry is so quick and easy! In this video tutorial, I'll show you how to make Short Cut Puff Pastry, our favourite way to make Sausage Rolls! But you can use it however your recipe calls for puff pastry. Look at you saving yourself so much money!
Short Cut Puff Pastry
- 4 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 18 ounces cold butter
- 1 cup cold water
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl.
- Grate the butter with a cheese grater and toss into flour with your hands until well combined.
- Add water in and stir with a fork, adding more water to make it come together if needed.
- Transfer onto your counter and gently knead a few times to make it come together. Divide into three equal pieces whether by weighing or by sight. They should be about 1 pound each.
- Take one ball and roll into a roughly 6"x 12" rectangle. Don't worry about it being super pretty but it helps in the ends are kinda square.
- Fold it into thirds so you're folding it like a letter. Repeat with other two.
- Put in a bag and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- The average package of puff pastry is a pound.
Slash your grocery budget by making these other DIY pantry staples at home!