Make fresh and fruity homemade ice cream in a hurry without an ice cream maker! This 7-Minute Soft Serve Ice Cream whips up in a flash with a food processor. Try it with frozen strawberries or any other frozen fruit you have on hand!
When I made this to take pictures I was home alone and planning to check on it in the freezer every half hour to see how long before it got too solid. That way I could give you a timeline of “Make up to X amount of time in advance.” Not 20 minutes later my sister stopped by…we sat down with the pint and finished off. #sorrynotsorry
When blending soft serve ice cream, I prefer to stay on the side of still having small strawberry chunks over making it into a soup by over processing. No biggie if you do, but you’ll have to let it firm up in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
No strawberries? No Problem. I’ve made with blackberries, and really you could use any frozen fruit, adjusting sweetener to how the fruit tastes. Slices of peaches may be a bit too big, they might need to be half slices? Guess in the name of recipe testing I’ll have to try for you! I feel the key is that the frozen fruit is similar size so that it processes more evenly.
My Dad could NOT stop going on about how fresh, clean, creamy, delicious and scrumptious tasting this soft serve ice cream was! The crazy thing is that I feel it tastes similar with whole milk or cream. To me this is a major bonus as cream is never plentiful enough skimming off the top of the milk jars and I can make this more frequently since that discovery.
7-Minute Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Food Processor
- 3 cups frozen strawberries (10 ounces), or other frozen fruit of choice, see above note
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or honey
- fat pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk or cream, use the best quality possible
- Using a food processor or high speed blender, process the strawberries, maple syrup and salt until like big grains of rice.
- Add in the milk and process a few seconds.
- Scrape down sides and process again.
- Scrape down sides one more time and process til kinda smooth.
- If it's too soupy freeze until firm enough, otherwise, enjoy!
Cool off with these other refreshing recipes!