Its a hot summer day- you just want some good ol' fashioned ice cream! How is it that all these recipes call for cooking a custard, or adding weird canned or packaged ingredients?! Not this one! If you love how Elaines Fluffy Crustless Bread is a classic white bread recipe, you'll LOVE how Elaines Ice Cream recipe is also a straightforward recipe you can make with your eyes closed or better yet- delegate your kids to keep your freezer stocked with real ice cream.
I've only made this with fresh raw cream and milk, I guess I should have tested it out for you with storebought dairy but honestly, it makes us feel gross so I just couldnt. Based on my knowledge, I'm going to say swap the raw cream/milk mix for half heavy cream, half whole milk.
Make this recipe your own! Mix in frozen berries, jam, fruit sauce, chocolate chips, zested lemon...I'm yet to find a way it isn't delicious.
Elaine's Simple No Cook, No Eggs, Raw Milk Ice Cream
- 4 cups Raw Milk/Cream from an unshaken gallon jar of whole, raw, milk with creamline still at the top see video for visual explanation
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar or sugar of choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla Pull out the good stuff if you have it!
- Frozen berries, jam, fruit sauce, dulce de leche, cocoa, you name it! Add to what looks good- about 1 cup berries or ½ cup sauce.
- In a big glass measuring cup, gently pour in 4 cups of cream/milk (without stirring it first). This gives you mostly cream with some milk as well.
- Whisk in sugar and vanilla until sugar is dissolved, about 15 seconds.
- Immediately pour into your ice cream maker (my "freezer bowl" lives in the freezer awaiting ice cream making!) If for some reason you are side tracked and your cream/milk mixture OR your freezer bowl sits out for more than 15 minutes, re-chill them before proceeding or you'll have runny ice cream.
- Churn to your ice cream makers specifications- mine is 30 minutes.
- IF you are adding in frozen berries or fruit sauce, pour them into the ice cream maker while its still going after 20-25 minutes.
- When its done, immediately enjoy, or scoop into freezer safe containers and freezer until ready.
Ready for more hot summer day treats?
-7 minute soft serve (no refined sugar!)
-No Ice Cream Maker Needed Scoopable Ice Cream
-Perfect Cold Brew Iced Coffee
"Kid emergency or livestock emergency..."?
Yup, that's homestead life in a nutshell.
I'm excited to try this recipe this weekend. We've been trying different (labor intensive) recipes without success. I love how simple this looks!
I was given an ice cream maker this summer and I now make ice cream all the time for my youngest who has issues with store bought ice cream. This recipe is super easy and we love it.
This is a family favorite! It’s absolutely delicious smushed between two chocolate chip cookies! ?
Yummmm!! Simple, quick and delish!
Sooooo easy and delish! Wish we had made more!
I made this recipe but I couldn't get it to thicken. Any suggestions? Maybe my cream line wasn't thick enough?
Likely it would be that your mixture was too warm and it needed to go into the freezer for a while.
What would happen if I used maple instead of cane sugar?
That will work!
Can I make this without an ice cream maker?
Unfortunately no. You need an ice cream maker.