No Churn, No Cook, Perfect Every Time Ice Cream
When you Google “Easy Ice Cream” all sorts of recipes come up, but never anything like this No Churn, No Cook, Perfect-Every-Time Homemade Ice Cream! This has to be the most simple ice cream recipe EVER! Yet finding an actual recipe proved impossible. I saw the idea, and came up with my own recipe
While I love my 7-Minute Soft Serve recipe, it doesn’t keep or freeze well. Granted, you have basically instant ice cream and the following requires some forethought to freeze, but this one keeps delicious in the freezer for weeks! I almost feel stupid giving you a recipe for this, because it goes something like this… Cream, Sugar and Vanilla in mixer. Whip til Stiff. Freeze. Eat. But here I am…putting my heart and soul out here for the sake of good ice cream!
Plus, any standard 2 quart tub of ice cream will set you back $6-$8 for good creamy vanilla. The same amount of organic ice cream is DOUBLE! Whereas you can get one quart of organic cream at the store for about $6, which becomes more than 2 quarts of ice cream! I love the economics on that!
No Churn, No Cook, Perfect Everytime Ice Cream
- 1 litre cold heavy cream, I skim off the top of our raw milk, but heavy from the store would work great!
- 3/4 cup sugar, preferably organic cane sugar to avoid the sugar beets that are conventional sugar...
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla, or the 'caviar' of one vanilla bean scraped out
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Whip until stiff, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Scoop into a container and freeze at least 6 hours. Thats it!
- Now, you can fold in other ingredients after you've whipped it stiff, such as melted chocolate drizzled then folded in, a fruit sauce, caramel sauce...sky is the limit! Now go forth and make good ice cream!
Cool off with these other refreshing recipes!