In our family, we have cold weather traditions. This makes the winter days not quite so long. Really blizzardy day? Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! First day below -30C? Maple Syrup Snow Candy! Most recipes I’ve seen call for a cup of maple syrup but I find for 5 kids and two adults (my niece and nephew are usually here for it), half a cup means everyone gets a treat of Snow Candy without it being excessive or too expensive. Maple syrup ain’t cheap yo!
Maple Syrup Snow Candy
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pack a cookie sheet or casserole dish with clean snow.
- Heat 1/2 cup maple syrup to 240F on medium heat. Whisk it regularly.
- Drizzle the maple syrup all over the snow
- Start snacking!
Want more kid friendly yet classy treats?
- Dulce De Leche (3 ingredient caramel sauce)
- Rustic Fruit Tart
- Brownie Pudding
- Vegan Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (no soft butter needed makes em quick!)
- Raw Chocolate