Its a hot summer day- you just want some good ol’ fashioned ice cream! How is it that all these recipes call for cooking a custard, or adding weird canned or packaged ingredients?! Not this one! If you love how Elaines Fluffy Crustless Bread is a classic white bread recipe, you’ll LOVE how Elaines Ice Cream recipe is also a straightforward recipe you can make with your eyes closed or better yet- delegate your kids to keep your freezer stocked with real ice cream.
I’ve only made this with fresh raw cream and milk, I guess I should have tested it out for you with storebought dairy but honestly, it makes us feel gross so I just couldnt. Based on my knowledge, I’m going to say swap the raw cream/milk mix for half heavy cream, half whole milk.
Make this recipe your own! Mix in frozen berries, jam, fruit sauce, chocolate chips, zested lemon…I’m yet to find a way it isn’t delicious.
Elaines Simple No Cook, No Eggs, Raw Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- Ice Cream Maker
- 4 cups Raw Milk/Cream from an unshaken gallon jar of whole, raw, milk with creamline still at the top see video for visual explanation
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar or sugar of choice
- 1 tbsp vanilla Pull out the good stuff if you have it!
- Frozen berries, jam, fruit sauce, dulce de leche, cocoa, you name it! Add to what looks good- about 1 cup berries or 1/2 cup sauce.
- In a big glass measuring cup, gently pour in 4 cups of cream/milk (without stirring it first). This gives you mostly cream with some milk as well.
- Whisk in sugar and vanilla until sugar is dissolved, about 15 seconds.
- Immediately pour into your ice cream maker (my "freezer bowl" lives in the freezer awaiting ice cream making!) If for some reason you are side tracked and your cream/milk mixture OR your freezer bowl sits out for more than 15 minutes, re-chill them before proceeding or you'll have runny ice cream.
- Churn to your ice cream makers specifications- mine is 30 minutes.
- IF you are adding in frozen berries or fruit sauce, pour them into the ice cream maker while its still going after 20-25 minutes.
- When its done, immediately enjoy, or scoop into freezer safe containers and freezer until ready.
Ready for more hot summer day treats?