If you enjoy Elaine’s Raw Milk Ice Cream, you’ll enjoy this twist!
Egg yolks are optional, but add richness and great nutrition and also we have so many eggs right now, as many do. Be confident in your egg source if using raw eggs.
I buy Essential Organic’s Instant Coffee as it’s one of the few organic fair trade instant coffees out there. We don’t drink instant coffee, we just use it for ice cream!!
I feel like this would be an excellent ice cream for ice cream sandwiches… if you give it a try, let me know how it goes!
This no-cook recipe makes throwing it in the machine so fast. You don’t have to worry about accidentally cooking your eggs, or heating it up just to chill it back down. I always keep my ice cream maker’s bowl in the freezer so we can have a treat pretty quick!
Plop it in a bowl or let it freeze up to put it in a cone. We like these gluten-free ones but any kind will do.
The sugar is the magic here- it prevents ice crystals from forming and keeps your ice cream smooth even when frozen. If you’d like reduced sugar or no refined sugar options, check out the links below.
No-Cook Coffee Ice Cream
- 4 cups Raw Milk/Cream from an unshaken gallon jar of whole raw, milk with creamline still at the top
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar or sugar of choice
- 1 tbsp vanilla pull out the good stuff if you have it!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp instant coffee.
- In a big glass measuring cup, gently pour in 4 cups of cream/milk (without stirring it first). This gives you mostly cream with some milk as well.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Add to the milk.
- Whisk in sugar, coffee, and vanilla until sugar is dissolved, about 15 seconds.
- Immediately pour into your ice cream maker (my “freezer bowl” lives in the freezer awaiting ice cream making!) If for some reason you are side tracked and your cream/milk mixture OR your freezer bowl sits out for more than 15 minutes, re-chill them before proceeding or you’ll have runny ice cream.
- Churn to your ice cream maker's specifications- mine is 30 minutes.
- When it's done, immediately enjoy, or scoop into freezer safe containers and freeze until ready.