Cocoa Almonds are a simple and tasty real food snack made with natural sweetener. Your family will gobble them up! As with most recipes that become staples in our house, I found the recipe for Cocoa Almonds in a cookbook... But then I decided there were unnecessary steps and ingredients in the recipe. I knew I could streamline it to make simpler. Because the only way real food happens daily in our house is if it's simple! This recipe is equally if not more so amazing if you want to splurge and substitute hazelnuts for the almonds!
- 5 cups raw almonds
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roast almonds on a baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Stir around and roast 10 more minutes.
- Pour into a heat-safe bowl, drizzle maple syrup on top and stir well.
- Sprinkle cocoa salt and cinnamon on and stir well. Add more cocoa if they're sticky. (They should be dry and powdery.)
- Let cool then transfer to an airtight container such as a canning jar for storage!
Family Friendly Snacking
These snacks are kid-approved favorites in our family!