Fried rice is a great way to use up various leftovers and make a new meal. I've been making it for years, discovered it's a great freezer meal, and I think I've finally hit on our perfect ratios and sauce!
Freezer Meal Fried Rice
- 6 cups dried rice, cooked I cook it 6 cups rice+6 cups broth in the instant pot on rice setting but you can cook it according to your package directions
- 10 eggs scrambled+cooked+chopped small with your spoon/spatual
- 4 cups diced meat a leftover roast is perfect for this!
- 5 cups mixed frozen vegetables Or whatever fresh/roasted vegetable you have on hand, chopped up
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- Prep everything- cook the rice and let it cook
- Chop up the meat.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Now assemble! In a big pot or bowl, mix the rice, meat, eggs and vegetables.
- Whisk together the sauce- apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and garlic powder
- Drizzle it all over the top of the mixture. Grind or sprinkle black pepper to taste
- Mix it all together well and then portion out into 3- one gallon freezer bags or other container of choice.
- Label, lay flat and freeze
- TO COOK- Thaw the bag of rice in the fridge until fully thawed. It cooks better if not frozen and clumpy.
- Heat up a large skillet or dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add some oil or lard to coat the bottom of the pan, dump in the rice.
- Leave it alone for a minute or two at a time so that things can get a little crispy, don't stir it constantly or you'll just make it mushy.
- Its ready when everything is hot and crispy to your liking.
More Freezer Meal Ideas
Stock your freezer with some of our favorite ready-made, heat & serve meals.