This Macaroni and Cheese recipe. It is a God Sent! Need I say more?
I mean, you don't have to boil the noodles. You don't have to make a roux, add the milk, let it thicken up, add the cheese and onnnn and onnn and onnnn.
It's dang tasty and adaptable as well. Use whatever leftover chunks of cheese you have on hand in the refrigerator.
You could make this fancier...I used dried onion and dried garlic cause I just wanted 'er done fast. I was not in a peeling mood. Leftover roasted/steamed veggies? Right on. Leftover chicken? Saweet. Shredded carrots? Let's go Cowboy.
What more could you want from me!?
It's EXCELLENT frozen and reheated! So make a couple and pop one in your freezer for later.
No Boil or Precook Mac n' Cheese
- 1 lb macaroni noodles could sub other similar like rotini or penne
- 4 ¾ cups chicken stock milk, or water. I like half chicken stock and half milk,(but y'all, we're swimming in milk and chicken stock) I've done it with half water, just 1 c milk and the remaining in chicken stock.
- 4-5 cups mixed shredded cheese Reserve 1 cup for on top Cheddar? Monterey Jack? Parmesan? Wee bit of Mozzarella? What little chunks in the cheese drawer are melty and need to be used up?
- 1 cup Yogurt Cheese or Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 tablespoon dry minced onion sub for half a chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dry garlic Sub for 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Curry or Chili Powder to taste
- Add-ins (See note)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pour UNCOOKED noodles into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and any add-ins evenly on top.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together, water, milk, chicken stock, yogurt cheese, salt, pepper, spices, flour, dry garlic and dry onion.
- Pour evenly over noodles.
- Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes, taking off tinfoil half way to stir around.
- When noodles are cooked, sprinkle reserved cheese on top and cook until bubbly, broiling if you wish.
- This Macaroni and Cheese freezes really well!
- Try mixing any of these in to make it a full meal: green onions, chopped leftover cooked meat, cooked, crumbled sausage, shredded carrots, leftover roasted/steamed veggies
More Freezer Meal Ideas
Stock your freezer with some of our favorite ready-made, heat & serve meals.