Even though we enjoy ourselves some good meat and dairy, we've got family members who choose not to eat those things, and I still want to wow their socks off when I feed them! Roast Vegetable Curry is a great simple meal to make and the flavour added by roasting the vegetables is fantastic.
Roast Vegetable Curry
- 8 cups mixed cut up vegetables such as but not limited to peppers, eggplants, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, zuchinni and cabbage fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger I use the paste!
- ¼ cup dried onion or 1 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 330ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
Roast the Vegetables
- Mix the vegetables together on a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Roast at 425F for 20-30 minutes.
- Saute garlic, ginger and if using fresh onion, onion, in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining spices, stir around for 10-20 seconds, then add in your coconut milk.
- Stir it well, then add in your peanut butter and lemon/lime juice.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then set aside until your vegetables are done.
- When vegetables done, toss them in the sauce and serve!
- The leftovers from this Vegetable Curry are one of my favourites!
- Adapted from I heart Umami's recipe here-
Eat Your Veggies
Looking for some more creative ways to get more vegetables into your diet? Try these recipes!
This is an absolutely delicious recipe!!
Yum making this for dinner tonight! How much coconut milk do you use? I couldn't see it on the ingredients list, I will free style it. Thank you for the delish recipes!
Oh goodness, how has no one caught this omission?! I fixed it, its one can.
This has become a family favourite, we skip the peanut butter for nut free and it's still delicious. The 1 year old often has 3rds of this favourite!
Thanks for sharing Kate!
I Made this for dinner it was SO GOOD