Even though we enjoy ourselves some good meat and dairy, we've got family members who choose not to eat those things, and I still want to wow their socks off when I feed them! Roast Vegetable Curry is a great simple meal to make and the flavour added by roasting the vegetables is fantastic.
Roast Vegetable Curry
- 8 cups mixed cut up vegetables such as but not limited to peppers, eggplants, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, zuchinni and cabbage fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger I use the paste!
- ¼ cup dried onion or 1 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 330ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
Roast the Vegetables
- Mix the vegetables together on a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Roast at 425F for 20-30 minutes.
- Saute garlic, ginger and if using fresh onion, onion, in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining spices, stir around for 10-20 seconds, then add in your coconut milk.
- Stir it well, then add in your peanut butter and lemon/lime juice.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then set aside until your vegetables are done.
- When vegetables done, toss them in the sauce and serve!
- The leftovers from this Vegetable Curry are one of my favourites!
- Adapted from I heart Umami's recipe here-
Eat Your Veggies
Looking for some more creative ways to get more vegetables into your diet? Try these recipes!