My Mama’s Scones Recipe
My Mama’s Scones recipe is a staple in our family. I will serve scones for brunch or make a batch for friends coming over to snack on. They are quick to throw down and frugal to make! I never make just a single batch…
You can watch me whip up a batch over on YouTube!
My Mama's Scones
- 2 1/2 cups flour, white or wholewheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar, we prefer organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, You can also swap this for 1/4 cup cold bacon fat or lard (but don't grate it, just mix in with your fingers until pea sized)
- 1 cup milk, a great use for milk that's a little on the not good side!
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries, white chocolate, grated cheese, you name it! (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and dried fruit/chocolate.
- Grate butter with a cheese grater and mix into flour.
- Add milk and mix in with a fork. Knead a few times on the counter to make it come together.
- Flatten into a 10- inch round on a baking sheet, cut with a butter knife into eighths.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until gently browned.
Breakfast or Brunch Ideas
Everyone will love these other brunch ideas just as much as they will love my Mama’s Scones!