My Mama's Scones recipe is a staple in our family. I will serve scones for brunch or make a batch for friends coming over to snack on. They are quick to throw down and frugal to make! I never make just a single batch...
You can watch me whip up a batch over on YouTube!
My Mama's Scones
My Mama’s Scones recipe is a staple in our family. I will serve scones for brunch or make a batch for friends coming over to snack on. They are quick to throw down and frugal to make! I never make just a single batch…
- 2 ½ cups flour white or wholewheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar we prefer organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup cold butter You can also swap this for ¼ cup cold bacon fat or lard (but don't grate it, just mix in with your fingers until pea sized)
- 1 cup milk a great use for milk that's a little on the not good side!
- ½ cup raisins, dried cranberries, white chocolate, grated cheese, you name it! optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and dried fruit/chocolate.
- Grate butter with a cheese grater and mix into flour.
- Add milk and mix in with a fork. Knead a few times on the counter to make it come together.
- Flatten into a 10- inch round on a baking sheet, cut with a butter knife into eighths.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until gently browned.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 179mgPotassium: 90mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 286IUCalcium: 104mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Breakfast or Brunch Ideas
Everyone will love these other brunch ideas just as much as they will love my Mama's Scones!
I have always loved homemade scones but I have always been intimidated to make them myself. I made these twice this week and they were so easy and SO good!! My 3 year old loved helping me too! They are our new favorite!
That is so awesome!!
These are delicious! We do white chocolate and cranberry. I roll them a bit thinner as my husband doesn't like them too thick, and they're yummy!! They also freeze well
I made blueberry ones and chocolate chip ones to bring camping this summer and they were YUMMY!
Absolutely love these and such an easy recipe. I’ve made them multiple times and they always turn out great. Perfect with a cup of coffee.
Another of my favourite recipes from Kate. I make scones every week now and this recipe is delicious and easily adaptable to whatever ingredients I have on hand to add.
Truly the best and easiest recipe!!
Super yummy and easy recipe! I've tried it with so many different variations and they always turn out delicious !
This is my go to recipe for taking over for tea at someone's house, they always get compliments and are easy to throw together with children and babies under foot. Thank you so much for sharing this one!