My Mama makes terrific Oatmeal Pancakes! These are the most stick to your ribs ones we’ve ever had. They’re also easily customizable to gluten free by using gluten-free oats and a gluten-free flour blend or buckwheat flour. We love them with buckwheat flour!
You’ll need to mix up the dough for Oatmeal Pancakes the night before, but I like that better, so in the morning all I’ve got to do is fry ’em up.
Karen's Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups buttermilk or 1 c yogurt 1 c water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups oil
- 1/2 cups flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup hemp hearts, optional
- About 12-36 hrs before you want to eat pancakes, mix up the pancake batter, put a lid on, and put it in the fridge!
- Cook as you would any other pancakes, the only difference being these cook a little lower and a little longer than usual.
Kid-Approved Breakfast Ideas
Start your day off without a fight when you serve up one of these breakfast ideas with a no-complaining guarantee!
- My Mama’s Scones
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Sourdough Biscuits
- One-ish Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll Twists (I have a sourdough versiontoo!)