These Vegan Chocolate Chocolate Cookies are a softer cookie, reminding me of the edge piece on a brownie. And goodness they are delicious!
Putting the vegan label there is immediately going to turn some people away, but here's the thing. Vegan Chocolate Cookies are dairy-free and egg-free for those who need it. They could easily be swapped for gluten free with a 1:1 flour.
You don't need to worry about having soft butter to beat with sugar, they use olive oil, and really, they're just a dang good cookie!
Vegan Chocolate Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup non dairy milk or coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together olive oil, non dairy milk or coffee, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Mix well with a wooden spoon or danish dough whisk.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt, before you mix it into the wet, gently stir so the baking powder, baking soda and salt is mixed into the flour and cocoa. Then mix it until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Using a 2 tablespoon size portion scoop, or two spoons, drop balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silpats. Space them a couple inches apart.
- Put water in a cup and using a fork, wet the fork and gently flatten the cookies.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then cool on racks.
- Inspired by the blog Cake Merchant
Make your sweet tooth happy and enjoy our other chocolatey recipes!