While sometimes I love the process of chopping, saute’ing, crafting a meal…some days Mama just needs to feed the people, and throwing this all in the instantpot makes for a quick and easy meal with leftovers.
This feeds us twice, when its first made and then the leftovers refried as fried rice! Feel free to swap up what meat, veggies and seasonings you use. This is a framework to make your own.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 4.5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (leftover roasted is great!)
- 2-3 cups frozen mixed vegetables of choice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix everything together in a 6qt OR 8 qt instant pot.
- Put lid on, turn valve to sealing.
- Set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Turn valve to venting, make sure the lid is safe to open, fluff rice with a fork.
- Serve up! We enjoy it with soy sauce, leftovers refried are excellent refried in a cast iron pan with oil.
Want more One Pot or Pan Meals?