While sometimes I love the process of chopping, saute'ing, crafting a meal...some days Mama just needs to feed the people, and throwing this all in the instantpot makes for a quick and easy meal with leftovers.
This feeds us twice, when its first made and then the leftovers refried as fried rice! Feel free to swap up what meat, veggies and seasonings you use. This is a framework to make your own.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
For those days when you need to just throw dinner on and get to other things!
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 4.5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (leftover roasted is great!)
- 2-3 cups frozen mixed vegetables of choice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix everything together in a 6qt OR 8 qt instant pot.
- Put lid on, turn valve to sealing.
- Set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Turn valve to venting, make sure the lid is safe to open, fluff rice with a fork.
- Serve up! We enjoy it with soy sauce, leftovers refried are excellent refried in a cast iron pan with oil.
Calories: 384kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 21gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 846mgPotassium: 342mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2346IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want more One Pot or Pan Meals?
-Instant Pot Ham Bone Pea Soup
This has been a good quick dinner on nights when I’m late at work. We almost always have leftover chicken to use.
This is a great recipe, it’s very easy to make. It was one of my first recipes that I tried after getting my instant pot. Thanks Kate for sharing this.
Such a quick and easy meal that all three of my children annihilated...we used frozen broccoli and it was perfect!
A quick delicious dinner that fills us all up.
This was a quick and easy recipe to make. I’m always looking for new instant pot recipes and this one was DELICIOUS!!!
A great recipe for when you need comfort food in a hurry. It’s especially fast if you have leftover chicken or frozen cooked and deboned chicken. I had never tried adding vegetables to chicken and rice, but it’s delicious.
Love this!! So easy and delish. Family favorite
Wonderful when you need a dump and go dinner!
Awesome week night / I forgot to plan dinner recipe!
Looking forward to trying this out
Equally delicious, quick, and a filling meal for us! I add a bit more salt to ours.