When I'm sick I drink Green Tea Elixir on repeat! In fact, I'll crave it. This powerful antioxidant-rich beverage will have your immune system in top shape in no time. I've been drinking it for years now and let me tell you, it'll cure what ails ya and warm up your insides!
Green Tea Elixir
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup ginger chopped with skin on
- 1 lemon medium or large, sliced
- 4 bags green tea or 4 teaspoons
- honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar optional
- Put water, chopped fresh ginger, and lemon in the water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add 4 bags or 4 teaspoons of your favourite green tea. (My fave is a raspberry hibiscus loose leaf, hence the colour.)
- Take it off the heat and let steep about 10 minutes, minimum.
- In your cup add honey to taste and an optional 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, fill up your cup with this delicious elixir!
- As with all things I make, buy the best ingredients within your means, this is medicine after all.
- I make it in this pot so I can just warm up another cup easily when needed.
Enjoy these other yummy drink recipes from my family to yours!